Hey everybody! I’m back in your inbox this morning to walk you through all the most important things happening in Woodstock-Towne Lake. Enjoy…
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement. at the top of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
Now, today’s weather:
An afternoon thunderstorm. High: 86 Low: 70.
👀 Attention local businesses & marketers: Attract more customers in Woodstock-Towne Lake by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which gets read by the same people you’re trying to reach. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Woodstock-Towne Lake today:
- Etowah High School teacher Margo Kemmerer has been named a 2022 Teacher of the Yea.r. Kemmerer has been an English teacher at Etowah High School for 15 years and has been an example to students and teachers alike during her time there. Congratulations! (CCSD Press Release)
- There are two more shows in the Northside Hospital-Cherokee Amphitheater Summer Concert Series. The next show is coming up on August 13 and will be The Black Jacket Symphony. Head downtown to the free concert and enjoy the band as they play the Eagles album “Hotel California” live. The last show in the series is on September 10 with Scotty McCreery. (Woodstock Concert Series)
- The school year can bring about a lot of stress when money is tight., even more so for some families here in our area. There are some great organizations that help those in needsome offer school supplies and clothing and some bring health services to needy families. Take a look and see what you can do for others this year: Simple Needs GA, Family Kickstart Georgia and Georgia HOPE are all a great way to start volunteering. (Around Woodstock Magazine)
Today in Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- The Adult Eclectics Book Club is meeting at RT Jones Memorial Library tonight. The book for this meeting is “The Last Child” by John Hart. Head over to the Community Room, the moderator will be Lisa Huskey. Please register for the event online. (6 p.m.)
- “Hot Vinyasa” with Ellery will be held at Ember Hot Yoga on Chambers Street. All levels are welcome, though some prior experience is helpful. (6:30 p.m.)
- Young Life Cherokee County is holding a Junior/Senior Meeting to plan the upcoming year at Bradshaw Farms. Any junior or senior is welcome. (7:27 p.m.)
- “Books & Brews” at Reformation Brewery Woodstock. This month’s theme is Australia and New Zealand. (7 p.m.)
- “DJ Bingo” at Woodstock Beer Market is tonight and every Monday night. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Cherokee County Animal Shelter has some animals left for adoption. The next adoption event will be on Tuesday at 10 am Take a look at the available animals on the Adopt a Pet website. (Cherokee County Animal Shelter via Facebook)
- Downtown Woodstock: “Little River Clothing & Outdoors just got a new shipment of Duer jeans. These will be sure to go quick so visit the store soon to check out these awesome jeans. @littleriverwoodstock #woodstockga #woodstockgeorgia #downtownwoodstock” (Downtown Woodstock via Instagram)
- Check out the latest homes for sale. in the Woodstock-Towne Lake area. (Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Nina Lightcap
About me: Nina Lightcap is a writer and editor with a passion for crafting and polishing business and creative content. When not weaving word and thought, she can often be found cooling off in a pool somewhere or enjoying downtown Woodstock with her family.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily? Contact me at [email protected]