RBC Wealth Management, Transamerica, FuturePlan Introduce New Pooled Plan Solution
RBC Wealth Management is teaming up with Transamerica and FuturePlan by Ascensus to introduce a pooled plan retirement solution for US business owners called RBC Group Retirement Plan.
Open to both existing and startup 401(k) plans, the RBC GRP will be distributed solely through RBC Wealth Management in the US RBC Wealth Management will also act as the GRP’s 3(38) investment fiduciary. FuturePlan will serve as the third-party administrator and 3(16) plan administrators, while Transamerica will be the plan’s recordkeeper.
Participating employers will have access to a combined team of plan professionals not otherwise available outside of the pooled arrangement. The RBC GRP also includes the FuturePlan Fiduciary Assistant program, a proprietary 100-point payroll data integrity check designed to prevent most common plan errors flagged in Department of Labor and IRS audits. Fiduciary Assistant works in conjunction with Transamerica’s PayStart-approved payroll vendors.
OneAmerica, intellicents Collaborate on Client Offering
OneAmerica and intellicents have announced a customized offering from intellicents, which brings together two OneAmerica services for select retirement plan sponsors and participants.
The intellicents offering will include bioni(k), an intellicents-branded managed account service that enables participants to receive tailored retirement savings and investment plan advice. The service leverages Morningstar Investment Management LLC’s adviser managed accounts platform and interface.
OneAmerica acts as recordkeeper and integrates the platform into its recordkeeping system, allowing for a seamless experience for intellicents’ clients and participants. The service also allows plan sponsors to delegate fiduciary responsibilities, with intellicents taking responsibility for fund selection and portfolio creation, and Morningstar Investment Management taking responsibility for the participant portfolio alignment process.
In addition to bioni(k), the intellicents offering will include intellicents-branded intelli(k) that will now also be offered through OneConnect, a OneAmerica retirement plan solution. The intelli(k) offering combines the investment fiduciary services offered by the adviser with 3(16) administrative fiduciary services provided by OneAmerica, enabling plan sponsors to offload fiduciary liability while maintaining complete plan design flexibility. OneConnect is available for all plan types, including 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans.
intellicents launched the dual product offering to select clients last month. Both OneConnect and adviser managed accounts are currently available from OneAmerica.
AdvisorEngine Introduces Data Visualization Dashboards
AdvisorEngine has announced new data visualization dashboards that provide insights tailored to specific roles across key wealth management focus areas.
The dashboards leverage the same modern technology architecture and design-thinking approach employed to transform Junxure CRM into AdvisorEngine CRM earlier this year.
Critical business information is presented in modern, real-time visuals, removing the need for static spreadsheets. Curated ‘visualization’ templates form a library, allowing users to adopt the technology quickly. For more control, users can easily reconfigure their dashboard to create their desired experience.
Features include ‘drag-and-drop’ customization, in-line editing, automatic data population, advanced filtering, one-click drill-down to detailed data, and enterprise permissioning to control information access. Department-level features include:
- CEOs and executive teams can gauge important business drivers such as net new assets, client retention, client segmentation, client demographics and adviser productivity.
- New business development roles can stay focused on growth by visualizing their sales funnel, tracking close rates and gaining insights from ‘won’ and ‘lost’ opportunities.
- Financial advisers can review the status of client requests, see upcoming action items, and gain insights into their new client opportunities.
- Department leaders can run their team meetings based on accurate, real-time dashboards versus manually creating presentation pages using static spreadsheets.
- Operations personnel can see their daily tasks in prioritized order, ensure that client service standards are being met and identify process bottlenecks.
Design process and rollout:
Revenue growth, operational excellence and client service are key focus areas for the dashboards.
AdvisorEngine developed these focus areas through a design process that involved interviewing 430 professionals across the full spectrum of wealth management roles—including CEOs, financial advisers, operations leaders and their team members.
Participants shared common pain points with their current solutions: data discrepancies, data integration issues, time-consuming manual analysis, and the high cost of outside consultants to set up and maintain quality reporting. In contrast, AdvisorEngine CRM dashboards allow users to begin seeing insights quickly.
The dashboards are being launched using a staged rollout process. A select group of AdvisorEngine CRM clients have already begun to received access.
The Pacific Financial Group Partners with CapIntel to Empower the Advisor-Client Relationship
The Pacific Financial Group, a wealth management firm focused on self-directed brokerage account management, has announced a partnership with CapIntel., a Toronto-based financial technology company that improves fund analysis, proposal generation, and day-to-day workflow efficiency for financial advisers. CapIntel is a modern, intuitive platform that delivers instant, powerful analytics and easy-to-understand and highly visual reports.
CapIntel seeks to address the needs of financial advisers and asset managers by offering a flexible, customizable solution that prioritizes a personalized client experience. The goal of the partnership is to enhance TPFG’s technology stack and provides the firm with a fully customized performance reporting tool for its suite of model strategies.
TPFG technology affiliate RiskPro continues to provide enterprise-level risk tolerance screening and surveillance for all PFG funds and model portfolios. RiskPro also provides compliance and surveillance capability that enables registered investment advisers and broker-dealer firms to quantify and monitor risk associated with adviser as portfolio manager models and accounts, to create what the firm calls “Perpetual Suitability.”
Savvy Ladies Receives Grant to Develop Mobile Portal Advancing Women’s Financial Literacy
Savvy Ladies, a non-profit organization providing free financial education for women, including a national “Free Financial Helpline,” has announced it has received a grant from The Nasdaq Foundation. The grant will support Savvy Ladies’ expansion of the Free Financial Helpline through the creation of a personalized, digitized mobile portal experience for women to readily access financial education resources. Furthermore, the mobile portal will provide access to volunteer advisers who will help women create roadmaps to achieve financial security and build wealth.
Savvy Ladies will work with Salesforce Non-Profit and Agile Cloud Consulting to build the mobile portal, which will leverage technology to advance the capacity of the Savvy Ladies Free Financial Helpline resource, allowing for ongoing support and quarterly check-ins with the advisers, strengthening. the empowerment and independence of women who seek financial guidance.
FinTron Launches Next Version of its Investing App
FinTron, Inc., a financial technology company promoting financial literacy and freedom for the mobile-first Millennials and Gen Z, has introduced FinTron 2.0, an enhanced version of its education-based, commission-free brokerage application. Highlights of FinTron 2.0 include a new rewards engine to incentivize users to learn personal finance and practice healthy financial habits, an expanded education portal, and greater functionality overall.
FinTron 2.0 Highlights
- More than 2,000 commission-free, fractional stocks and exchange traded funds, permitting investors to buy into big-name companies such as Amazon and Apple for as little as $5 a share instead of paying full share prices that can reach more than $1,000.
- Automated tools for deposits, budgeting and repeat investment
Incentive-driven rewards (new with FinTron 2.0):
- Rewards center to encourage users to set and achieve budgeting and deposit goals
- Redeem points (eg, by completing education modules or meeting budgeting and deposit goals) to earn gift cards to popular brands such as Apple, Airbnb and Delta Airlines.
- FinTronU, a free education portal, offering nearly 1,000 modules on dozens of financial topics such as investing, saving, taxes, retirement and credit cards.
- Simulated trading game for users to learn and practice investing with simulated cash
- FinTron has committed to dedicating 5% of its post-tax profits to create financial literacy programs for high schools, colleges and universities throughout the US.
- The FinTron team, through FinTronU, has voluntarily presented financial literacy and entrepreneurship programs to thousands of US high school and college students across the country.