MEQUON, Wis. – The Edgewood College baseball team opened the NACC play with a statement, and on Friday Concordia University Wisconsin is heading down the road to sweep. The Eagles lined up for a 6-5 victory in the opener, having previously completed a sweep in the Nightcap to secure a 12-4 victory.
Eagles 6, Falcons 5
– Edgewood College (8-5, 2-0 NACC) trailed 5-1 after three innings but won the opener 6-5. The Eagles trailed 5-4 in the ninth inning, taking advantage of four free passes in the ninth inning to tie the game at 5-5. The ground was prepared for it Adam CairoA go-ahead RBI single delivered with bases loaded and ninth two outs, plating In Alex Print 6-5 lead.
One last game
– Edgewood Eagles (@edgewoodeagles) April 1, 2022
– When the Eagles drew the game Connor Goodwin A pitch that went down to his team’s last strike. Cairo came next and gave up a single, his fourth hit in the game.
– Connor Dunfey The Falcons (6-10, 0-2 NACC) were tasked with finishing ninth, and while Dunfey made things fun, he did his job for his first save of the season. The Falcons threatened by loading the bases, but Dunfey pushed a ground ball into third place and ended the game, securing a 6-5 victory for the Eagles.
– Ben Collier The Eagles were relieved to win by giving up two shutout frames. Eric Nelson Got started, allowed five runs, scored three, but pitched three shutout frames from fourth to sixth before taking over Dunfey. The Eagles trio put together five strikeouts and five walks.
– Cairo topped the dish with four hits, including the Go-Head single. Kyle Semrad Two hits combined, including a double Ryan Ambrose Tripled. Max Hoser He finished eighth with a pair of runs, including an RBI single.
Eagles 12, Falcons 4
– The Eagles’ Battle was the story of game two when Edgewood College scored 12 runs, 10 runs in a 12-4 victory from the fifth inning. In the fifth (three runs), sixth (two) and seventh (three) Edgewood College had big innings, moving to 2-2 for fifth.
– Edgewood Eagles (@edgewoodeagles) April 2, 2022
– With Goodwin Carson Richter The game was played by two players, with each player finishing 5-for-6. Goodwin accelerated the Eagles from the top of the lineup, scoring four runs, doubling and driving two. Richter was fourth with four runs, including two singles.
– Run support was too much for Semrod, who allowed four runs, but only one save in 5.2 innings to secure victory. Garrett Speaker He continued his strong 2022 campaign with 2.1 scoreless frames Will Moses He came out ninth for Edgewood College. Five of Redner’s seven outs were strikeouts, while Semrod had five punches and three runs for 13 runs.
– In Alex Print And Kyle Sagan Two hits were added to the plate, each using a print Joseph Kalafoot Doubling. Sagan added three runs while adding two RBIs in the print. Ambrose scored two goals for the Eagles.
Beyond the box score
– This is the Eagles’ first 2-0 start to NACC play since the 2017 season, which saw Edgewood College sweep Rockford for five years. On Saturday, April 1, the Eagles secured their home victory with a score of 2-1, 14-3. The next day Edgewood College started the conference play 4-0, sweeping the Dominican.
– The Eagles will host Rockford for the 2022 home opener on Sunday at Stampfield Field in Verona. The first pitch is set at 1 p.m.