The WVU Office of the Provost invites faculty members to apply for the Spring 2023 WVU faculty awards.
Faculty are encouraged to review details and take advantage of the streamlined application process.
The affected awards are those managed by the Provost’s Office and include:
• Benedum Distinguished Scholar Awards
• Caperton Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Writing
• James and Karen Caveney Alumni Association Faculty Excellence Award
• Ethel and Gerry Heebink Award for Distinguished State Service
• WVU Foundation Awards for Outstanding Teaching
• Big 12 Faculty Awards
Highlights of the process changes include one common deadline date, Feb. 17, shorter applications and the use of Digital Measures to upload all application materials.
Applications, including the required documents, are to be uploaded to Digital Measures under “Archived Reports and Documents in Other Submissions.”
• Select the current academic year.
• Select the award in the submission type: WVU Foundation Outstanding Teaching, Excellence in the Teaching of Writing, Gary and Ethel Heebink Award for Distinguished State Service, Benedum Distinguished Scholar, Big 12 Faculty awards, or James and Karen Caveney Faculty Excellence.
• Upload your materials in the initial faculty submission.
The deadline for the Provost’s Office awards listed above is 11:59 pm Feb. 17. Late applications will not be accepted.
Find complete details about each award.
For questions, contact Melissa Latimer, associate provost for faculty development and culture, at [email protected]