Cpring in Hill Country is the time of wild flowers blooming, flowing rivers and (hopefully) the long-awaited arrival of rains. This spring, the Hill Country Coalition (HCA) announced the first annual spring water revival – a month-long water celebration in Hill.
Throughout April, the HCA will be immersed in many ways that water will revitalize communities, spirits, and our hope for the future through programming that focuses on education, inclusion, and action. Join them for events, activities and news that celebrate Hill Country Water – one of our most precious treasures.
After a decade of rainwater revitalization – a family-friendly and one-day event – the Hill County Union said they are excited about the expansion beyond rainwater and highlight the many ways water can revitalize, renew and renew us with community and space. reconnects. This month-long campaign covers everything from water – from the region’s outstanding rivers and swimming holes to the water under our feet – to the infrastructure that brings water to your sink.
- April 7 – Our communities, our water: Austin
- TIME AND PLACE: Patagonia Shop, Austin @ 18:00 – 20:00
- ABOUT: The event will feature short presentations and videos from numerous partners working on land to access water, equity and protect Austin communities. Join us for free drinks, snacks, door prizes and networking!
- April 12 – Groundwater: Planning for the future
- TIME AND PLACE: Community Center, Wimberley @ 5:30 – 19:00
- ABOUT: Educational presentations, panel discussions, and partner demonstrations that introduce experts to the state’s groundwater management process and how you can engage in it.
- April 20 – Process Search: Water Resources Management for a Growing Community
- TIME AND PLACE: Head to the water at Comal, New Braunfels @ 11:30 – 13:00
- ABOUT: An interactive lunch event featuring presentations, panel discussions and a tour of the Mirabs with some water planning leaders in New Braunfels. Lunch will be provided and registration is required for this free event.
- April 23 – Numerous Earth Day events
- April 25 – Texas Water Symposium: Utilizing Rural Water Infrastructure
- TIME AND PLACE: Schreiner University, Kerrville @ 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- ABOUT: An interactive panel event that enables a generation to revitalize water infrastructure where experts and members of the rural community are ready to use these funds.
Learn the many ways water unites our communities and join the work to conserve these precious resources by visiting www.SpringWaterRevival.org and following up on HCA social media. During the month, we will share beautiful photos of some of the most vulnerable areas in our region, ways to engage you in the future of our region’s water, and useful educational videos, news and reports from our partners.
Residents and communities are also invited to participate and act by adopting declarations to recognize and affirm the importance of water – one of Hill Country’s natural resources. A basic calendar of upcoming events, local announcements, and additional information on regional water efforts can be found at SpringWaterRevival.org. If you are interested in hosting a spring water revitalization event, please contact Sydney Beckner, HCA Water Program Manager (email@example.com).
During the spring water revival in April of this year to study and spring to practice!
Alliance Hill Country The Alliance is a non-profit organization whose goal is to raise public awareness and build community support on the need to protect Texas Hill’s natural resources and heritage. Visit us at www.hillcountryalliance.org.