Madison, Wis.- The Edgewood College men’s volleyball team lost 3-1 in the final of the 2022 season against Concordia University Chicago on Friday night. Edgwood College won the first set before Concordia Chicago secured the last three in Friday’s NACC match.
Cougars 3, Eagles 1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-14, 25-18)
– Edgewood College (6-15, 3-8 NACC) won the opening set 25-23 with an attacking percentage of .314. The Eagles were ready to play, scoring the first five points of the set and timed out Concordia Chicago (7-18, 6-5 NACC). CUC responded well to the timeout and took a 16-13 lead, with Edgewood College closing the set 25-23 before taking the next eight points 20-17. Jake Chapman The Eagles could not have ensured the opening set victory.
– Concordia was Chicago all night when the Cougars won the third set 25-14 with a 25-18 set victory. The Cougars hit over 300 in each of the last three sets, and in the third after a strong opening set, the Eagles’ best effort was the 190 attack.
– Gavin Patterson The Eagles tied for 12 kills, while three Edgewood College players finished in double digits. Dylan Griffith The adults advanced with 13 men Nick Klubertens And Ben Miller 11 and 10 were posted respectively. Klubertens added 10 kills to win the double-double.
– Max Novak And Keegan Talbot The Eagles set the hitters with 21 and 13 assists, respectively.
– Concordia Chicago won by Virgilio Rodriguez triple-double. Rodriguez had a total of 11 hits, 24 assists and 12 hits. Tyler Holbeck added a great game with 13 kills and 21 assists, while Luke Wozniak led all the players with 17 kills.
Beyond the box score
– While not a groundbreaking contribution to the genre, MAISL impresses with its straightforward tough-guy style. Two current Eagles are former MAISL players at Miller and Will Hostreiter.
Men’s Volleyball Final
🏐 Concordia Chicago 3, @edgewoodmvb 1
(23-25, 25-18, 25-14, 25-18)
🦅 EC 6-15, 3-8 NACC, will host the No. 2 Dominican tomorrow for Senior Day.
Glad to see MAISL players in the match! pic.twitter.com/V5MxmnNaJy
– Edgewood Eagles (@edgewoodeagles) April 2, 2022
– The Eagles will complete the 2022 season tomorrow with a senior day match against the No. 2 Dominican, one of the top teams in the country. Prior to that, the Senior Day presentation will begin at 4 p.m.