Verona, Wis.- The Edgewood College softball team faced another ordeal on Sunday, welcoming the undefeated NACC Dominican University to Zenith Park for two games. The top stars of the league followed suit with their billing, sweeping the Eagles 9-5, 10-3.
How it happened
– The second inning of both games was an unforgettable one for the Eagles (11-13, 4-4 NACC). In the first inning, the Dominican scored eight times in the second inning, failing to score five of them. Before the Eagles left, the Stars (21-1, 8-0 NACC) added a third run to take a 9-0 lead. Although Edgewood College scored twice in the fourth and three in the sixth, the Dominican secured a 9-5 victory in the game.
– Hailey Kasuboski He scored two runs and accelerated the Eagles in the first game with three hits, including two doubles. Alice Maurer Edgewood added a home run for college as he finished 2-3. Olivia Hebert Gathered both hits for the Eagles.
– Allison Dilde seal the Dominican victory as they pitch the first three innings and the seventh inning. She did not allow a run when she took four runs. Tatum Duff The Eagles’ distance was conceded by just four runs scored with two strikeouts.
– In the second game, the Eagles went 1-0 down from the bottom of the first, but the Dominican scored five times in the second inning, thanks to three Edgewood College errors. After batting fourth, the Stars took an 8-1 lead and held on for a 10-3 victory.
– Staff from both teams made 19 walks in two games. The Dominican pitchers put out seven, while the Eagles paired up Grace Pustina And Elizabeth Malarsky Each went four bats. Dilde won for his 12th Dominican of the season, throwing four innings with six strikeouts.
– Hebert Eagles accelerated the attack through a 2-for-2 game, while Malarsky doubled.
– The Eagles threatened to take the bases with two outs below the seventh, and after two outs the Stars cut the lead to 10-5. However, the home plate umpire ruled that the Eagles batter was out of the box, which ended the game.
– The Eagles begin a busy week on Tuesday with a trip to face Wisconsin Lutheran College for the NACC Twin Bill. The first pitch is set for 3 p.m. Edgewood College will play four doubleheaders from Tuesday, April 12 to Monday, April 18, including the next three pitches on the road.