Verona, Wis.- The Edgewood College men’s lacrosse team faced unbeaten Aurora University in a conference play on Saturday morning. The Eagles struggled to hold on to the Spartans as Aurora scored 11 goals in the first half, beating Edgewood College 20-5.
How it happened
– Edgewood College (3-8, 0-5 NACC) battled possession in the first period, winning only two of eight encounters and converting 2-of-8 clear attempts. As a result, the Eagles took just two shots on 20 for the Aurora (8-5, 4-0 NACC) attack. The Spartans, who scored six goals in the first period, maintained an 8-0 lead for five minutes in the second period.
– At 9:13 marks Alex Maurer The Eagles scored their second goal of the season to score their first goal of the game. Avery Bugaj Eagle added a second goal with just 1:41 on the clock as Aurora took an 11-2 lead at half time.
– After the break, Edgewood College scored back-to-back goals and Bugaz netted his second game. Nick Orosco Taking advantage of the man-up situation, the score rose to 11-4. Orosco’s goal was assisted Tyler Stockwell.
– The Eagles’ last goal came in the fourth period at 3:53 on the clock, converting a pass from Orosco. Dylan Oz.
– Bugaj led the Eagles with seven ground balls, with five different Eagles making the turnover. Luke Quakenbush 22 saves for the Eagles.
– Jimmy Gorecki and Zack Bernstein scored four goals each for the Spartans. Rylan Pura scored four goals while Bernstein added three assists.
– On Saturday Aurora took a total of 79 shots and scored 42 goals.
– Edgewood College will host Marion University on Tuesday, April 19th. The conference will begin at 7:00 pm from Edgewood College Field in Redden Park.