He was mentored by some of the best in the industry, and now Thomas McGlynn has taken up the leadership mantle himself, most recently as the Chief Executive Officer of renowned Sydney real estate brand BresicWhitney.
So what leadership lessons does he bring to the table based on personal experience and having working alongside the likes of Matt Lahood and John McGrath? Thomas says he firmly believes leadership is a ‘contact sport’ where you need to remain ‘connected to and in front of your people’.
It involves collaboration, communication, and a commitment to constant improvement.
In this Elevate episode of the Leadership Diaries, Thomas discusses the lessons he’s learned, along with the skills agents will need moving forward and why energy management will be critical in a normalized market.
Thomas McGlynn was appointed CEO of Bresic Whitney earlier this year. He is also renowned for his talents as an auctioneer and is currently deputy president of the Real Estate Institute of NSW.
Some key highlights of this episode hosted by Elite Agent’s Samantha McLean:
- 4.12 – Why leadership is a contact sport, and what that involves
- 7.42 – The number one skill agents should currently be working on
- 10.44 – Thomas’s first job and what it taught him
- 11.51 – The rituals of success
- 15.11 – Leaders who have influenced Thomas’s career and their most valuable lessons
- 19.06 – Who Thomas is learning from right now
- 20.59 – His favorite question to ask in a job interview, and what the answer tells him
- 25.51 – The leadership skills Thomas is working on right now
- 28.48 – What leadership looks like at home
- 30.59 – What Thomas would like to leave people with moving into 2023
To get a copy of the upcoming magazine featuring our special feature on the current rental crisis visit eliteagent.com/subscribe.